NFL Glam: Eagles Game Day Eyes How-To
Game Day glam doesn’t have to stop at your team-colored outfit or that retro jersey from your great grandfather, you can up your personal sporty flair by creating your very own game-day eye look. If eyes are the window to your soul then game day eyes are the window to your football fandom, right?
Thanks to Houston makeup artist, Andrea Simmons, Founder of FaceForward Weddings, we’ve put together a fun step-by-step guide to creating the perfect Philadelphia Eagles eyes to rock at Lincoln Financial Field or on the road.
Since I’m partial to MAC Cosmetics, we used their awesome palette of colors and came up with: Plumage (the darker green), Steamy Frost (light green with some shimmer) and Silver Ring to create this look. Note, if you visit any of the MAC Cosmetic counters (or other brands you prefer) and present a logo of the team you’re trying to create, they will gladly help pull similar colors in case they are sold out of the specific colors we used.
Get Eagles Game Day Glam Eyes in 7 Easy Steps:
1. Coat your lids with a primer so that the pigment shows up, giving you a more vivid and extreme color (not to mention long-lasting in case you go into overtime).
2. Take Plumage (the darker green) with a regular fluff shadow brush and apply to the outside corner of the eye. This doesn’t have to be perfect because you’ll end up blending out the color with the silver in the next step.
3. Take the Silver Ring (color) using a crease brush and blend into the crease to soften the color.
4. Take your smudge brush and use Plumage again underneath the eye at the lash line to define the eye (this will serve as an eyeliner).
5. Take your fluff shadow brush (make sure to clean plumage off so you don’t mix the colors) and using Steamy Frost, apply to inside corners of the eyelid.
6. Take a dark eyeliner and line the top eyelid from corner to corner.
7. Apply mascara.
Now you’re ready for your game day chant: F-L-Y-E-A-G-L-E-S-F-L-Y
To see this original article on GirlsGuideTo.com, click here.
And if you’re in Houston, you’re in luck. Andrea with FaceForward Weddings is available to cater to groups of gals for parties and events out and about or in your home to help you learn how to create your own perfect game day eye glam, no matter your team (she’s a Steelers fan, but supports The Blonde Side’s endeavors with the Eagles and the Texans).
Shoot her an email for pricing and dates and be sure to tell her The Blonde Side sent you so she’ll hook you up with a little bit of a deal. Email her at: a.simmons5586 [at] gmail [.] com