One of the best parts about running The Blonde Side and covering the worlds of sports + travel + fitness is I’m introduced to so many amazing athletes, towns, events, and more. Sometimes I’m even lucky enough to be introduced to an event (or concept actually) that combines all of the above – Wanderlust Aspen.
Though I’ve yet to experience Wanderlust firsthand (I was credentialed to cover this one, but had to cancel due to other obligations), I have no doubt it is in fact as epic as everyone says it is.
Wanderlust is the largest multi-day yoga and music festival in the world. Beginner and experienced yogis can hit the mat with world-renowned instructors from across the world and embark on an adventure of the mind, body and soul in one of the most beautiful towns in America (Aspen!). This is a time where you can truly get in touch with yourself, network and sweat out the good life with so many like-minded individuals from across the country. What’s not to love about such an event? Such a lifestyle? Such a way of life?
This will be the first year Wanderlust will head to Aspen-Snowmass, and attendees can look forward to breathtaking 360-degree views of the Maroon Bells and beautiful hikes and backdrops. If you’ve never experienced Aspen in the summer, you will absolutely fall in love.
Wanderlust was created by three friends with long and deep relationships. The 20+ year husband and wife duo of Jeff Krasno and Schuyler Grant joined forces with their mutual friend (also Jeff’s business partner of a decade), Sean Hoess. Hearing the Wanderlust story is simply empowering – to see these individuals take a friendship and an idea and actually make it happen. Why don’t we all follow our dreams and our goals the way they did? It’s downright encouraging and a reminder we should keep at our goals. Their story is amazing for many reasons, but their ambition to get Wanderlust off the ground and running has changed the lives of hundreds of thousands over the course of their tenure and is still going strong.
Since Wanderlust is known as a brand and lifestyle, it makes sense that the festival also pays focus to sustainable living, offering signature Farm-to-Table dinners presented by Eating Well and Fitness Magazine.
A few other pieces to Wanderlust Aspen-Snowmass you’ll want to check out:
- Adventure Race: This weekend-long race incorporates running, cycling, swimming and yoga and more for an all-out physical challenge. Be prepared to sweat, get your cardio up and solve mental, physical and team challenges while having the time of your life.
- Photoflow Photography Workshop: Photographer Ali Kaukas invites guests to bring their cameras on a nature hike, to capture some phenomenal shots of North America’s most exquisite terrain.
- Amir Magal Tribal Art: Amir’s art/photography is a unique expression of how all generations are seeking to be part of a tribe and claim identity. You may see Amir painting, sculpting with mud or engaging guests of all ages.
- Viceroy Snowmass Spa: Designed by acclaimed architect Jean Michel-Gathy, the 7,000-square-foot spa offers a selection of holistic wellness experiences, from Ute Indian-inspired therapies to contemporary beauty rituals. Wanderlust attendees receive a 20% off discount for all spa services before 1pm, or 15% after 1pm.
- Fits Arts Capoeira / Smoothments: Smoothments is a mix of traditional and contemporary capoeira taught by Alfred Kendrick, a Hollywood personal trainer whose list of clients include celebrities, super-models, performers, and athletes.
- Keith Mitchell Speakeasy: NFL Pro Bowl player Keith Mitchell’s career ended when he had a paralyzing injury on the field. Keith credits his yoga practice with his recovery. Keith will lead a speakeasy lecture on nurturing our intentions, as well as meditation workshops on the chakras.
- Walkabout with Nahko Bear: This afternoon hike with the lead singer of Medicine for the People, promises a journey thorough ancient trails, story telling, laughter and, of course, yoga.
In case you’re not already completely sold on the idea of Wanderlust Aspen, here’s a list of 25 reasons you should attend.
If you can’t make it to Aspen, there are still three more cities hosting the evolutionary yoga event this summer -next up is Wanderlust’s original birthplace, Squaw Valley (July 17-20), then an extended 5-day event in Whistler, BC, Canada (July 31 – August 4), and finally a newly expanded festival at Tremblant (August 21-24) to cap off the summer season.