GUEST: Friday Night Lights Podcast
The Blonde Side was a recent guest (Episode 22) on the Friday Night Lights Podcast. This was a super fun interview and tells a pretty good story of how I came into my current career as a sportswriter and quite a few other things.
Examples of some of our favorite one-liners in this interview:
– It’s like when your hair is going wild and you throw random bobbi pins in to keep it in check, that’s how I am with commas…
– Hey I write this blog, no one reads it, but I’d like to interview you.
– If I was in a rush I’d just be in my bikini and stick my thumb out. Every Japanese tourist there thought I was Elle Woods from Legally Blonde. I would love to say I looked like her – she has a chubby face and so do I.
– They took their liberties entirely too far – I looked like a demon. Which asshole didn’t tell me I looked like that?
– No one has ever said this sentence ever: I think I have too many fanny packs. I own four fanny packs. And my friend said, “I kind of want to bitch-slap you for saying that.”
– This entire decision was based off this movie and I still don’t know the name of it.
– I guess I left when Human Resources told me to. It was a little bit of an awkward conversation. I think I might still be in that role today if I had kept my legs closed.”
Click here to listen to it (you can download it on your phone and other great ways).
Got other media opportunities for The Blonde Side? Give us a shout!