Rice Krispies Treats (WITH OREOS)
Funny how I consider myself well-versed in the kitchen these days (a whole lot more than I used to), but I had never made RICE KRISPIES TREATS until the other day. Every person I have ever known has made these at least once in their life, but not me.
Then I got a newsletter from Studio DIY with this picture and thought, it’s go-time.
Kelly at Studio DIY is just incredible and I love her newsletter. When she sent out this recipe (below) and I saw that it included Oreo’s, I was sold. I am obsessed with Oreo’s – almost as much as donuts.
- 5 cups Rice Krispies
- 2 cups crushed Oreos
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10-oz package marshmallows
- ¼ – ½ cup rainbow sprinkles (We went with “more is more” in ours but the sprinkle amount is really personal preference!)
- Melt marshmallows and butter in a large pot over low heat, stirring constantly till smooth.
- Add Rice Krispies, Oreos, and sprinkles. Stir until everything is well coated in the marshmallow mixture.
- Transfer to a buttered 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Using a buttered spatula or hands, press evenly into the dish. Cool for about 20 minutes. Cut into squares.
- I did learn one thing while making these (other than the fact I have ZERO self control) – if you finely crush the Oreo’s, the Rice Krispies Treats will look more chocolate than pictured. They will still taste amazing, but if you want chunks of Oreo’s, be sure not to finely chop them.
Want another super easy and wow recipe? Check out this S’more Ice Cream Cake.
Cooking and being more handy in the kitchen is all part of the “new me” living at the Millennium Kirby, and luckily I’m super close to multiple grocery stores to get all my baking needs in a jiffy. [SPONSORED]