Stats on depression during the holidays break my heart. I know how hard it is to feel alone and not be with family during this supposed “festive” time, but I wanted to share a few reasons we can all celebrate this holiday season.
Even if you’re all alone and single AF, you’ve got reasons to celebrate (see #4). Plus, that means you don’t have to buy gifts for too many people, right?
I personally don’t think you need a reason to pop a bottle and partake in some Mumm Napa bubbles, but if you do need a few reasons, here you go…
- Christmas movie takeover – all day every day. Whether you’re a fan of The Elf, or a classic like Home Alone, there are so many on the boob tube every day you can watch. Here is a list of the top 50 Christmas movies of all time, in case you need some inspo.
- Friends and/or family. If you’re without family, remember that friends are the family we choose (sorry for the corny line I once saw on a pillow, but it is really true). During the holidays, people are usually in more of a loving, giving and sharing mood, so don’t hesitate to reach out to someone near and dear.
- A New Year – A clean slate is about to start. Whether you’re a regular resolution’er or not, knowing there’s a fresh start on the horizon is reason enough to celebrate.
- Alone time. Opposite of #2, sometimes the holidays are the perfect time to catch up on some alone time when friends and family are busy running around like crazy folk. Relax and take some time out for yourself – binge on movies (see #1), drink some champs for no reason at all, and take a bubble bath. Plus, if you live at The Millennium Kirby or The Millennium High Street, you will be comfy and cozy this holiday season.
- I’m not a big shopper (believe it or not!), but the end of the year is synonymous with big sales – whether you’re looking for a new car, a leather mini skirt or a new TV for the Super Bowl – the sales are on fleek. Plus Apt2B is always having great end-of-year deals on decor and apartment furniture. (I guess you know you’re an actual adult when buying furniture excites you more than shoes.)
And since we’re speaking of the holidays, bubbles make the perfect holiday gift (for you or your bestie).
This blog post is part of my “I love living at The Millennium Kirby” and sharing my Houston experiences along with reasons to be joyful. SPONSORED